It’s my blogiversary!!!
One year today since I published my very first post here at The Inspired Notebook.
It’s a bit exciting. (If my kids have any say in it, we may even celebrate with cake!)
For me, this milestone is a little bit like New Year’s Eve: an ideal time to reflect on all that the past year of blogging has meant to me.
And it’s a bit like getting an Oscar or a Gold Logie! A great time to say thankyou to my readers, as well as to my beautiful husband and kids and the friends who’ve supported and encouraged me since the beginnings of this blog.
Without getting overly dramatic about it – if it’s not too late! – here are a few thoughts:
So what have I achieved here in the past year?
- Not as much as I’d have liked to – I still have so many blog post ideas in my head, and pages of my notebooks filled with ideas. And I have a dream of being able to write two, or even three, blog posts each week. But that wasn’t my reality in the last year. Still, I’m hopeful that before too long it will be!
- More than I’d ever imagined! – Firstly, I did it, I took action and got started on something that I really wanted to do. That, in itself, was a big achievement! And if nothing else went the way I’d hoped in 2011, my blog (and everything to do with it) really was an awesome adventure. I had such a fun time doing my first giveaway post in September, then another in November. I met some amazing people on Twitter. I met many wonderful bloggers at the Problogger Event. And I’ve met so many lovely readers, commenters and other bloggers here throughout the year. I’ve loved every minute of it!
My own favourite posts of the past year:
- Why (and How) I Plan to Overcome the Dreaded Procrastination Habit
- How to Write to Change Your Life
- Meatloaf and Mozart: What’s Your Passion?
- So When Does Oprah Get The Housework Done?
- 56 Things That Make Me Smile
What will the year ahead bring here at The Inspired Notebook?
- Hopefully, many more posts! (At least, a whole lot more than the average of one per month that I managed to write during this past year.)
- Some great book giveaways, as well as reviews of some of my favourite books and awesome discoveries throughout the year.
- Monthly creativity challenges and decluttering challenges. A renewed focus on creating a life we love, starting with creating a home we love.
- More inspiration for you to pursue your passions and make your unique contribution to the lives of others.
- Interviews with inspiring women and authors.
- If everything goes to plan (and I overcome my nervous procrastination!) an exciting and inspirational ebook.
- A project to help raise funds for women suffering from obstetric fistula.
To celebrate, I’m giving 2 readers a chance to win one of these three books:
Sink Reflections by Marla Cilley (aka Flylady)
If you haven’t already gathered, being organized doesn’t come naturally at all to me. Being cluttered and untidy? That unfortunately does!
If I hadn’t discovered Flylady, there’s a good chance that my days would still be spent sitting on the couch, feeling completely overwhelmed by all that I ‘should’ be doing, and having absolutely no idea where to start.
If clutter is really getting the better of you, and you spend your days living in CHAOS (Can’t Have Anyone Over Syndrome), this book will show you a way out.
Refuse to Choose by Barbara Sher
This is the book that helped me to understand my ‘Scanner’ personality. And to realize that it’s OK not to know exactly ‘what I want to be when I grow up’!
If, like me, you have so many interests and passions that you’d like to pursue, and can’t seem to ‘settle down’ to just one thing, you’ll love this book.
As well as being extremely reassuring, Barabara gives you heaps of ideas here on how to find time for all of those things you’d love to do!
I am so inspired by Bakerella!
I love to see the new and exciting creations that she continues to share with readers of her website and books, and to be inspired by the success that pursuing her passion has brought her.
This book is gorgeous!
I love it. You’ll love it. Promise!
To enter for your chance to win the book of your choice:
- Leave a comment here sharing one or more of the things you’re most passionate about. What is it that you’d most like to take action on in the coming year? 1 entry
If you’d like a couple of extra chances to win:
- Subscribe to The Inspired Notebook and leave a separate comment letting me know when you’ve done that. (If you’re already subscribed, just let me know in the comments that you’d like another chance to enter!) 1 bonus entry
- Share this post using the Facebook or Twitter buttons below, and/or “Like” The Inspired Notebook on Facebook. Again, make sure you come back and leave separate comments here letting me know that you’ve done this for your extra chance/s to win(and if you already “Like” The Inspired Notebook on Facebook, you can leave a seperate comment letting me know that for your extra chance to win). Don’t forget to let me know your Twitter or Facebook username in your comment too. Up to 3 bonus entries
- There is no geographic limitation on this giveaway!
- The maximum entries available per person is 5. Comments not adhering to the above instructions may be removed.
- The deadline to enter is midnight Tuesday 31st January Melbourne time.
- Two winners will be chosen at random from the comments and announced the following day, Wednesday 1st February. Winners will be notified via the contact email provided on their comment form.
- If winners do not respond within 7 days with their shipping address, another winner will be chosen.
- The winners’ choice of book will be posted within 3 days of them having provided a shipping address.
Good luck with your entries. I look forward to announcing the winners next Wednesday.
And thanks so much for being here to help me to celebrate my blogiversary. The kids and I will be thinking of you as we make our celebratory cupcakes!!